Saturday, December 28, 2013

New/Old Storage/ Display

I needed a way to display some of my cherished toys when I found this vintage small crib on wheels. It was a light bulb moment~I could put a sheet of glass on the side rails and use the bed for display as well as using the glass. I wrapped the mattress with an old quilt top and am happy with it. Having large windows and sliders throughout the house, leaves me without much wall space so this moving display works well for me. I am still struggling with whether or not to sand and paint the crib. Not sure I like the chipped look. I am joining Funky Junk this week for their Junky storage ideas.

http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/12/party-junk-junky-storage-ideas.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20blogspot/KCcu%20(Funky%20Junk%20Interiors)

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to add a glass top for further displays. Love it! PS. We'll be heading to Traverse for New Year's to stay with our best friends who own a get-away on Long Lake. I understand the snow is pretty amazing there. The girls can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be heading up Monday!
      Did you know that the Red Dresser has closed and is moving? the building was sold~they will be on South Airport near Garfield, reopenning Jan. 11.

      Delete