Sunday, May 22, 2011

Paris Highlights Part Trois


Highlights from our afternoon in Rouen...what a wonderful town. So much to be amazed by-there is more but I saved Joan of Arc for another post.
One of my favorite pictures is the wooden carved lion head which I happened to see whole strolling down a side street.
The skull was on a building used to contain bodies during a plague.
John is standing next to a look alike Saint...ha!
I just love the gargoyle rain spouts-these were on a building which is now a police station.
The huge clock only has an hour hand. Centuries ago, that is all that was necessary. The man who cared for the clock lived behind it. The round circular windows near the bottom are part of his apartment.
I walked around town with stars in my eyes...

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous pictures. I'm so happy that you've been able to share them with us. Have a splendid weekend up north!!

    ReplyDelete