Sunday, September 25, 2011

New HaLLoWeN Finds!



I got the feather arrangement at Hobby Lobby for 50% off plus another 10% off since there are chips in the base (which I can touch up with paint). Total cost-$12.00

I paid too much for the lighted Japanese lanterns...but the extra twirlie branches I added to the vase were cheap at HL (half price so the total for three was less than five dollars) and add a sinister touch to the arrangement.

I had this old paper cutting (bought on eBay several years ago) and finally had a new matt and frame made at Hobby Lobby. It looks much better now. I was impressed with the job they did with this and the cost was so much lower than my favorite frame shop....sorry Frames Unlimited-but these days we have to save where we can!

Last but not least is Mr. Owl. I found him in Traverse City at a favorite shop (The Red Dresser). He is a one of a kind guy who was a prototype which was not picked for a final project. Lucky me!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your owl is FABULOUS! I'm completely smitten. Those Japanese lanterns are pretty nifty too. Your paper cutting is just delightful. We spent the entire day in RAIN at Allegan. I came home with a van full of goodies despite the horrible weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Owl is so charming! And I'm crazy about those Chinese lantern lights. I've never seen those before, but I've got the real thing growing in my garden, so I think I NEED these!

    ReplyDelete