Tuesday, January 24, 2012

~Valentine Mantle~


Since I didn't decorate for Christmas (much~we spent that holiday with our sons in CA) I did get carried away decorating for Valentine's Day!
I spent most of my time decorating my mantle so this post centers on that.
I made the heart swag, after being disappointed with what was available at local stores in the way of Valentine decorations.
It was relatively easy to make, although the glitter paper was difficult to punch hearts out of (so thick!). It took some time to figure out how to tie the ribbon holding the hearts together but through trial and error, I got moving.
My neon rose is a treasure. I bought it several years ago (along with a Christmas tree and a moon with star combo). The neon storefront has disappeared and that grieves me....I have other ideas for the talented artisans who made my neon shapes but wonder if I will ever find them again.
The candy heart boxes were sent to me by a friend with connections at Godiva. No candy was consumed in order to obtain these boxes...this year!
I am pleased with my festive mantle...but that won't stop me from fussing.
Had to share!


Linking to~
Home Stories A2Z

I am also joining Sue for REDnesday. http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/2012/01/rednesday_24.html.
And linking up to Wow us Wednesdays.

5 comments:

  1. Decorating is not my thing anymore. I do enjoy seeing what others do tho. Like your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty mantle, Lee. I can't wait to start getting out my Valentine decor.

      Delete
  2. I love the neon rose. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee: I'm impressed that you are already decorated for Valentine's Day and I love your sweet heart garland! So cute! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decorating! I miss having a mantel. My old house had two back-to-back ones. My present house doesn't have one. Someday . . . !

    ReplyDelete