Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things

 I’m joining Laura from The Ironstone Nest (http://www.theironstonenest.com/2012/06/my-favorite-things-link-party.html) to share pictures of a few of my favorite things. Luckily for you, my iPad will only let me share five pictures at a time on my blog...or you might be bored with all my favorite things...I tend to get carried away! First is a picture of my African violets, which love the windows in our living room.

Next is a picture of my agate suncatcher birds. The artist who made these (Norman Brumm) passed away a few years ago. I have many treasured enameled pieces of his as well as an agate lampshade. His work was inspired!

My collection of Wee Forest Folk has brought many smiles to me since I started my collection way back in the late seventies. I just set up this display on a vintage toy drum. I have to cover them or Bob (the cat) will rearrange or play with them!

I became ennamered with fairy gardens this year and have made a few. So far, this is my favorite~made in an old bird bath with mosses and hostas.

Last but certainly not the least is Bob. He wandered into our life three summers ago and has been a purring joyful part of the family ever since.

3 comments:

  1. Your vintage toy drum is a great way to display your wee folks. Very creative. I'm also enamored with your fairy garden. I really want to do something with a fairy garden with the girls this summer. Hugs to Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee! Your fairy garden is absolutely enchanting. I'm very tempted to make one myself as I've always been fascinated with miniatures and the idea of fairies. And what a handsome boy is Bob. :) So glad to have found you via the My Favorite Things link party!

    Take care,
    Erin
    Carolina Country Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list, Lee! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing some of your favorite things. I especially love your fairy garden! It's adorable and I love that you put in an old bird bath. Brilliant! Thank you for following The Ironstone Nest and please don't be a stranger. XO Laura at The Ironstone Nest

    ReplyDelete