Thursday, August 25, 2011

Enchanting Treasures!

I have been remiss in sharing the treasures I found in the past month or so....
The barber's case was a good deal-I made an offer ($25 less that posted price) and it was accepted! I cleaned it up, had new glass shelves made and glued in the glass panels in the door and sides and it now resides on my kitchen counter. I always wanted a display case in the kitchen-now I can change it according to the season!
Next is a leather bound book (1885) that I found at a sale for $1! I loved the old orange glass spectacles but the price sticker was covering a cracked lens....oh well- they were only $3. The glass crystals will adorn my chandelier and were $1 each. Love candlewick glass and found two salt cellars. Hope to use them with my tea set and mice,
I have been enchanted by Molly Brett prints, so I was excited to find this post card.
Last but not least is the small (short) table I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby. Marked down to $30 from $149, I couldn't resist. Not sure if I like the finish and it is a bit large on my coffee table but it will stay there while I mull it over. I replaced the drawer knob with a hand blown glass knob. Did I say how solid this is?! Maybe I will paint it and use it for a small tree at Halloween and also at Christmas.
So you can see I have been having fun!

I am joining Cindy for Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home



1 comment:

  1. Some great finds, and I love that small table, interesting finish and I think the idea for a tabletop tree would be great. Thanks for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete