Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Spooky Finds....

Today's shopping excursion included a stop at a favorite store's warehouse sale, where the annual excitement of 'all things SpOoKy' began for 2012. I love a bargain and the lamp and the pumpkin head guy were half price-they had to come home with me! (Don't tell my husband that I already have a smaller lamp just like this...but more than one of something always looks great!)

I also found a cute bird bath which will be home to a small fairy garden. Next to it is an enamelware child's chamber pot I found while shopping in Traverse City on Monday. I already have some succulents to fill these two containers as well as a few special items to make them ready for the elusive fairies who live in our ravine....

I added to my glass blown chicken collection a month or so ago. I had the smaller two chicks for many years. Shopping at a local antique store, I found the larger chicken for $3.99- what a deal!

The red checked lunch pail was found at The Red Dresser in Traverse City (MI). I knew right away it would be a cute way to display a miniature picnic!

The last picture shows that I finally put up the metal branch I bought in the spring. I have been collecting bird houses to display at our lake house up north and decided this branch is a great way to display them some as well as add interest to the corner above the television. Something was lacking until I decided that my paper mâché bluebird (made by artist Lori Hough) needed to move to the cottage and fly with the birdhouses. Thanks for stopping by! It's always fun to share the excitement of new finds!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with your Halloween goodies and that picnic basket is just darling!!!!! What warehouse sale did you raid?

    ReplyDelete