Monday, October 24, 2011

Folktoberfest!

Home again-exhausted but with a smile on my face!
Folktoberfest, a gathering of Wee Forest Folk collectors, was last weekend in Clare, MI. I went early to do my part, shipping out boxes of special mice which were ordered by collectors who couldn't attend. I also used my shopping skills to help the planners of the event find things used in our fun and games. Of course, eating and fun shopping figured in, along with visiting friends from far and near. I did manage to buy a few mice which had been on my wish list for a long time, at great prices (hurray for me-boo for the sinking prices of these adorable collectibles).
Once again, I didn't take enough pictures-here are a few. The first is my display made special for one of the event pieces.
Next is of the pumpkin I carved, 'Mouse Zombie'.
Third is of some attendees signing a special song. The theme was 'Four Seasons', and you can see we covered winter/Christmas.
The two man band played music Saturday evening and I worked off all the great food I ate. ('Cops and Donuts' sells terrific donuts and pastries and is right across the street from the hotel.)
The last picture shows my centerpiece...after our meal when I remembered to take the picture.
I am so fortunate to have a hobby which has made my life richer in friends from across the United States.
Now to find a place for my new mice!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous weekend. I'm totally smitten with your mouse zombie pumpkin. We might need to borrow that idea with the 20+ pumpkins that Chris purchased. Halloween hugs!

    ReplyDelete