Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sleeping Bear Dunes

We drove to Sleeping Bear Dunes recently with family and had a terrific day. Sleeping Bear was just rated the best beach on the Great Lakes by 'Dr. Beach' and is less that an hour away from our lake house.
I must admit that none of us made the trek down to the beach...the sand dunes are a steep and hard climb, especially on a hot, sunny day.
The first picture is of the two inland lakes viewed from a turn off on the scenic drive through Sleeping Bear-Big and Little Glen Lakes.
Next is a picture of our youngest son and his girlfriend, my husband and I with those same lakes in the background. My husband and son are pictured with Lake Michigan in the background, then Lake Michigan again in the next picture. We ended the visit with a stop at the dune climb...normally a three hour trek ( three and a half miles) but those who attempted it, turned back after almost an hour. It was an especially hot day and most were hungry!
We are fortunate to live in such a beautiful state (just don't ask me about it in the middle of a harsh winter!).

>

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lee,

    O' my goodness, what a gorgeous place indeed!

    I would love to visit there and I think my husband would agree too.

    Looks like you were all enjoying each others company :)

    Have a wonderful day :)

    p.s. I would love to see what you do with the inspiration pic on my blog.. you are so creative ..

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday, we need to take the girls to Sleeping Bear dunes. They've never been. Your pictures are just gorgeous. What a lovely way to spend the day with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY PRETTY LOCATION THAT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO VISIT. TRUST THINGS GET WORKED OUT FOR THE AGING PARENTS.

    ReplyDelete