Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ode to My Mom


Mom isn't just my mother....she has been a good friend.
We both love miniatures and started taking classes together thirty five years ago.
Her hands don't seem to cooperate these days but her enthusiasm is still there.
She encourages me to follow my dreams...


She can be as silly as a child and I have pictures to prove it!
In the past, we have traveled to many miniature conventions and shows together.
She attended many Wee Forest Folk events with me; excited by my displays and supportive of my hobby.
Her body isn't allowing that these days.


This week, she is having surgery to eliminate the extreme pain she has had for too long.
She is excited and optimistic.
I am happy for her but my heart is heavy with worry.
Send your good thoughts and prayers her way this Thursday...
and hug your mother.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you and your Mom. Even though we'll be offline beginning Saturday for a week, I'll be anxious to check in and hear how she's doing. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little girl and a beautiful woman. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.......
    xojana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee: Your mom sounds awesome! I will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Tricia

    ReplyDelete